Friday, March 11, 2011

i guess everything isn't so bad.

Last summer Shaun and I went up to his family's cabin in McCall. His cousins were visiting from Arizona so the boys decided to take them cliff jumping. I had just found out that I was pregnant and I was in a fragile state…you know, like if you do anything dangerous or move your body in a weird way something might happen to your baby state. So, no cliff jumping for me. Therefore, I was summoned to be the photographer. Trying to get positioned in a perfect place to capture all of the action, I slipped and rolled down the dusty dirt trail (heading straight for waterfall). Luckily, I caught myself, but only just before my camera went rolling off the cliff right before my eyes. Painfully, I watched it roll through the whole waterfall and come popping up at the end. The boys all jumped off the cliff at the same time trying to rescue it. Surprisingly, they didn’t all hit each other. They were able to recover it and returned it to me sopping wet, and not working… I was distraught. The camera was dead. In order for me to move on in life, I came home, hid it in a closet, and hoped that I would forget about this moment for the rest of my life.
The camera reappeared the other day while I was cleaning. I was hesitant about turning it on. But I did, and somehow it works like a charm. Oh good ol’ sonys…how I love you. Now I can reminisce all about last summer…

BEST GIRLS CAMP EVER...Oh how I miss you guys...
Fourth of July.
But you gotta
LOVE the first attempt at this picture. Dang those classy folk in the park.
disregard shaun. we were also high off of everyone smokin their lovelies around us...


Mud volleyball. You got nothing on our team.
family boating trip...

and it looks like my camera died a lot earlier into the summer than i remember. i guess some memories just have to be remembered...not photographed :)

No comments:

Post a Comment