Thursday, March 10, 2011

official graduates.

Childbirth class...whoever came up with such an idea?

Shaun and I completed our month long class tonight. Talk about intense. nauseating. confusing. and unnecessary.

We have both been officially scarred for life. Shaun said he would have rather been surprised about everything. No wonder no one talks about this stuff or tells you what is really going to happen during labor-because they themselves would rather not even think back or try reminiscing about such a disturbing moment. I mean you get a little bundle of joy at the end, but the process of getting to that point, absolutely dreadful.

We even tricked the teacher into letting us get out of class early. But before she would agree, we had to do a group project. BOYS VS. GIRLS, and fill out our fears and what we expected from each other after the birth.

BOY’S FEARS – Girl will die giving birth (talk about optimistic). They won’t have baby time. The girl won’t tell them what she needs and they will be left guessing to figure out what we want.

GIRL’S FEARS – Mother in law will be around too much. Boy won’t clean house.

BOY’S EXPECTATIONS – Girl lets them play with baby (so easy to please)

GIRL’S EXPECTATIONS – Boy will provide maid service, massages, child support, romance, and wine.

What more could you ask for?

1 comment:

  1. YAY COURTNEY! I'm so proud of you. All my bugging paid off! Now I want to see pictures of your belly and baby girls nursery...my bugging never ends. I love you and hope your last few weeks go well. Can't wait to see pictures of your little angel!

    XOxoXo

    ReplyDelete